Helping You Flourish
Student Success and flourishing
Belmont’s Office of Student Success and Flourishing (SS&F) believes every student has the potential to be successful, lead fulfilling lives and impact their communities. As a Belmont student, our staff, will help you discover and evolve your senses of self through exploration and challenging investigation. Through this journey, it is our goal for you to develop a life-long feeling of pride and accomplishment. Our support services and programming include:
Growth & Purpose for Students
The Office of Growth & Purpose for Students will coach you through discerning your unique path, help you avoid or recover from academic setbacks and aid you in identifying the best opportunities and resources available. The GPS Office can help you in preparation for Belmont and acclimation to the University community. Our services include:
- Direction and Discernment – You may know your major already, or you may want to explore before you choose. Our office offers coaching and tools to help you affirm your choices and/or explore options to reach your career goals or to find a different way to fulfill your passions.
- Academic Engagement – The GPS Office is the place to go if you need assistance creating a four-year academic plan or if you need to talk to someone about making changes along the way. We help students make the most of their Belmont experience through focused exploration of resources and opportunities. We also offer help with more intentionally integrated opportunities for internships, study abroad/away and many other programs into your plan of study.
- Academic Success/Recovery – Sometimes students need added support to recover from an illness or injury and other times they need help to attack a challenging course. Our coaches will help you with the level of support needed and assist you in the development of a plan that works for you.
The primary goal of our office is to help you be successful. We are experienced in helping students identify the essential characteristics of a successful journey.
If you need extra academic support in individual subjects, the Belmont Learning Centers offers free tutoring and group study in math, physics, biology, chemistry, programming, writing, economics, accounting and foreign languages.
Belmont Central is a “One Stop” for your enrollment needs. This includes course registration, transcript request, change of major, financial aid information, billing and payments. Conveniently Belmont Central is also the place where you can pick up free Nashville MTA bus and train passes, plus purchase discounted movie tickets.
Office of Career and Professional Development
As a Belmont student or alum, you will enjoy the lifelong benefits provided by the Office of Career and Professional Development through:
- Access to Experienced Career Development Specialists– Trained in career coaching through the National Association of Colleges and Employers, our staff will provide you with specialized services and resources.
- Industry-Specific Network and Programming– Responsive to the needs of the labor market, we will connect you to employers, internships and mentors in your specific field of interest.
- Personalized Resources– Our team offers one-on-one services for resume and cover letter review, career coaching and graduate school planning.